1997 Harley Softail Springer Bobber
Roberto from Lumino, Switzerland sent us these pictures of his striking 1997 Harley Softail Springer Bobber motorcycle which he rebuilt himself and which he affectionally calls "No Name Bike". ;o)
Roberto gave us the following specifics for his Harley Evo Bobber:
• 1997 Softail Springer "No Name Bike";
• Converted to Chopper in 2009;
• Overhauled original engine in 2006 at about 160,000km;
• Engine, gearbox and primary case painted new;
• Original frame, new paint job;
• Springer fork 2 inches shorter than stock;
• Rear suspension lowered by 2 inches;
• Peanut gas tank adapted;
• Original back fender, cut just enough;
• New chrome spokes;
• Footpegs and hand controls by Hurst, painted black;
• Trumpet exhausts adapted to old collectors;
• Original carburetor painted red;
• Hand made plate support;
• Homemade by myself except paint and engine works!
Roberto's 1997 Harley Softail Springer Bobber.
Detail of 1997 Harley Softail Springer.
Harley Big Twin Evo Engine
Biking in Switzerland...
There are worse places in the world to take your Harley for a spin...
A Bobber's Tail...
Roberto's bike shows maximum rubber, like a real Bobber should!
Clymer Service and Repair Manuals
Even if you have no intent to get your hands dirty - these books are a joy for every Harley Davidson fan!